Sunday, October 18, 2009

How come...

How come the sky's are gray?
How come the suns are red?
How come every person,
In the end, turns out dead?
How come the oceans are blue?
How come love is painful?
How come something bad,
Can turn out to be beautiful?
I guess we'll have to deal.
For the answers are not here.
I guess we'll have to deal.
When we lose someone dear.
How come when we're sad,
We have to shed our tears?
Until the morphine kicks in,
and erases all the pain.
Until the light starts to dim,
And it's our final day.
Until the end.
Or the beginning.
It depends.
Goodnight, sweet city.
Hope that tonight,
Is not your end.
For at your last breath,
The city breathes it's own.
Until the end, sweet city.
Then we'll be home.
Home, sweet home.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in awe. You never cease to amaze me. I keep watching you grow as a writer and I wish I had half your skill as a poet. This is one of the best peices I have read in a long time. I aplaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kaity. You rock too!!!
    Brit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha thanks. The only thing (and I only noticed this reading it the third time) is I think "morphine" feels a little out of place. I would've said "pills" instead, but still, amazing work.

    ReplyDelete