Monday, November 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So, this month I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time, which is a writing thing where you have to write a novel in a month. So far, it's going pretty good. I have 8,040 words written already, and I think I finally have a plot line. Which, you know, is good, seeing as how I've kinda been winging it.
Hopefully I'll be able to write the full 50,000 words this month. If not, I hope it's high enough that I'm not ashamed of it, and that it ends with an ending, not with a "didn't have enough time to write an ending.
Wish me luck...

Peace Out-
Britney

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun!! You can do it girl...just put that creative brain of yours in full force. Maybe I need to do the same thing to finish my life story book...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come i didn't know about this?!?! I NEED DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It started nov. 1, and ends on the 30. here's a link if you want to join up: http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/
    You'll have a bit of a disadvantage, seeing as how it's already the 9th and you won't have as much time to write, but if you can't do it this year, there's always next year.
    You can set your word count at the 50,000 that the adults do (which is what I picked) or you can make your own word count. It doesn't matter how much or how little you write, it just matters that you have fun. (I just sounded like an advertisement, didn't I?)

    ReplyDelete